- How many contact hours do students study at creative academy?
Creative Academy Foundation Degree Dance study for 30+ contact hours per week.
- Can students undertake ISTD diploma in dance instruction?
BA (Hons) Dance (Top Up) students can undertake the DDI in Modern. This is not part of the degree and is an additional cost. This qualification is changing and when its validated we will update this.
- What techniques are studied alongside the degree modules?
Please visit our Techniques page.
- What qualifications can students achieve?
Year 1 (Entry) Level 4 – Foundation Degree
Year 2 Level 5 – Foundation Degree
GRADUATE and/or convert FdA to a BA (Hons) at The Creative Academy or another institute with an additional year
Year 1 (Entry) Level 6 – BA (Hons) Dance – Top Up (must have an FD, HND or equivalent level 5 qualification)
- How practical is the course?
The course is approximately 20% theory and 80% practical.
- How many students does creative academy take in its first year intake?
Creative Academy takes up to 40 students intake for first year with 20 in a class.
- Can i carry on with my ISTD qualifications?
Yes, Creative Academy offers Intermediate Foundation to Advanced 2: Imperial Ballet, Modern Theatre and Tap. Visit our Courses page for more information.
- How much are course fees?
Creative Academy charges £9,250 per year
“Student support is available for 2018/19”.
- Does creative academy have halls of residence?
We do not have our own Halls of Residence but we do have access to privately run Student halls in Reading (www.unite-students.com & www.fawleybridgestudents.com). We do however have a private Facebook accommodation group set up which new students will be given access to once the deposit for the course is made (letter will be sent out). Through this Creative Academy helps and give’s guidance for students come together, meet one another, and meet estate agents to view and rent houses.
- How is Creative Academy different to university?
Creative Academy offers a minimum of 30 contact hours, 20 more than other University dance courses and has much smaller class sizes. Creative Academy is embedded within industry and has ‘real’ partnerships with some of the country’s top dance industry professionals.
- How many students have gone on to work in the dance industry?
Creative Academy graduates have all gone on to successful performance and teaching careers including cruises, Disneyland, contemporary companies, music videos, music contracts and being signed to dance agencies.
- What facilities does creative academy have?
Creative Academy has:
- 5 fully fitted dance studios
- 1 gym
- 180 seat theatre
- 1 student exclusive dance library
- 1 student computer and study room Access to chiropractor and counselling
- Who are the creative academy industry partners?
- Active IQ
- Arts Link Ltd
- AVA Dance Company
- Company Wayne McGregor
- Dance Fusion
- Haybrook College
- Kerry Nicholls Dance
- Lindt Creative
- London College of Dance Network
- Lost Dog Dance Company
- Multi Trax
- New Adventures
- Rambert Dance Company
- Rifco Arts
- Sadler’s Wells
- Shobana Jeyasingh
- Slough Schools Sports Network
- Stopgap Dance Company
- Tavaziva Dance
- What modules are studied on the Foundation Year and BA (Hons) dance?
Intro To Commercial
Physical & Emotional Wellbeing Of The Performer
Year 1 (Level 4):
Commercial Techniques 1
Community Dance 1
Contemporary Techniques 1
Performance Project 1
Year 2 (Level 5):
Contemporary Techniques 2
Commercial Techniques 2
Community Dance 2
Performance Project 2
Year 3 (Level 6):
Personal Project (Core)
Commercial Techniques 3
Contemporary Techniques 3
Dance in Education
Jazz & Commercial Performance
Jazz Technique & Creation
- How is creative academy different to vocational schools?
Creative Academy offers the same level of training as other CDMT vocational schools, however, students gain essential skills to work in the dance industry outside of performance including teaching qualifications, essential dance qualifications and a greater understanding of being a freelancer, business skills and funding.
- Can I transfer other vocational grades eg. RAD to the ISTD?
RAD and ISTD grades are transferable. However, any other syllabus students will be streamed based on ability. Only ISTD and RAD grades meet our standard for Ballet.
- Do students have to have a gym membership?
We require students to have a gym membership with The Centre in slough. Through us students get a 35% discounted rate at £187.50 per annum. The facilities have gym space, a swimming pool, and a dance studio.
- Can I take outside classes?
Creative Academy encourages students to take as many classes as possible as long as it does not impact on your learning and time at Creative Academy.
- Does creative academy do outside performances?
Yes. Please see our Dance CV