The BA (Hons) Dance is a practice based dance degree and aims to bridge the gap between dance industry employment and education.
The BA (Hons) dance streams into 2 areas of specialism Dance and Performance. All validated by University of West London.
The BA is unique as all modules are delivered by industry professionals and companies underpinned with daily technique classes including Jazz, Break, Tumbling, Street, ISTD Ballet and ISTD Modern Theatre. The course includes the opportunity to undertake an ISTD Diploma in Dance Instruction and Diploma in Dance Education at an additional cost. Students also have the opportunity to gain Active IQ Diploma In Pilates Instruction and British Academy of Stage and Screen Combat Fight Performance Test.
Year 1 (Entry) Level 6 – BA (Hons) Dance – Top Up (must have an FD, HND or equivalent level 5 qualification)
Year 3 – BA Dance: Level 6 Performance
- Commercial Techniques 3 Delivered by Joshua Pilmore
- Contemporary Techniques 3 Delivered by Caroline Bridges (Stan Won’t Dance & Motionhouse)
- Dance Theatre Delivered by Caroline Bridges (Stan Won’t Dance & Motionhouse)
- Neo-Classical Performance Delivered by Caroline Bridges
- Personal Project Delivered by George Kirkham
- Stage Combat Delivered by the British Academy of Stage and Screen Combat
Year 3 – BA Dance: Level 6 Dance
- Advanced Choreography Delivered by David Allwood
- Dance in Education Delivered by George Kirkham
- Jazz Technique and Creation Delivered by Joe Kenndey
- Personal Project Delivered by Future Culture
- Pilates Delivered by Lynne Higham
- World Dance Delivered by the Alisha Kadri