The BA (Hons) Dance is a practice based dance degree and aims to bridge the gap between dance industry employment and education validated by University of West London.
The BA is unique as all modules are delivered by industry professionals and companies underpinned with daily technique classes including Jazz, Break, Tumbling, Street, ISTD Ballet, and ISTD Modern Theatre. The course includes the opportunity to undertake an ISTD Diploma in Dance Instruction and Diploma in Dance Education at an additional cost. Students also have the opportunity to gain Active IQ Diploma In Pilates Instruction and British Academy of Stage and Screen Combat Fight Performance Test.
Year 1 (Entry) Level 6 – BA (Hons) Dance – Top Up (must have an FD, HND or equivalent level 5 qualification)
Year 3 – BA Dance Top-Up Level 6
- Industry Identity – Delivered by George Kirkham
- Personal Project – Delivered by Krissie Smith & Sunita Bolton
- Commercial Techniques 3 – Delivered by Joshua Pilmore
- Contemporary Techniques 3 – Delivered by Caroline Bridges
- Dance Theatre – Delivered by Caroline Bridges
- Dance Film – Delivered by Caroline Bridges
- Neo-Classical Performance – Delivered by Blair Tookey
- Dance in Education – Delivered by Sunita Bolton
- Jazz Technique and Creation – Delivered by Evan Garrett
- Jazz & Commercial Performance – Delivered by Evan Garrett
Active IQ also offer a Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork for our BA Students. Please visit our Active IQ page in Courses for more details.